Saturday 24 February 2018

W7 On The Rocks Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette had to be one of the biggest makeup product disasters for a while. Last year everyone was so excited for this palette called Subculture from Anastasia Beverly Hills. But when people actually tried the palette hardly anyone liked it. Colors were very hard to blend and had a powdery finish to them with massive fallout. You just swirled a brush into the color and the fallout was just insane. It was actually a shame as the colors did look very nice. Before it's release I was actually thinking of getting the palette myself, but didn't bother after looking at reviews.

Fortunately there are dupes for Subculture available and the closest dupe I have seen to it is the On The Rocks Palette by W7. W7 is a budget brand from England that often has dupes for other brands. I had noticed they had released a dupe for Subculture and I was really looking forward to trying it.


Top - Sugar Rim, Moscato, Martini Olive, Espresso Martini, Maraschino Cherry, Cheers, Caracao
Bottom - Body Shot, Champagne Toast, Bloody Mary, Bellini, Magnum, Pina Colada, Last Call


On The Rocks comes in hard card packaging along with an actual eyeshadow brush. It really does make a nice difference not to have those sponge applicators. I haven't actually used the brush as I prefer to use my other eyeshadow brushes. In this palette you will find 14 colors in a mix of matte and shimmer. All colors are not for the faint hearted as these colors really do stand out. If you love playing with color this is the palette for you.

I was really interested to see how this palette would turn out. In the matte shades I  swirled my brush into the color, exactly how people swirled their brush into Subculture. I was pleasantly surprised, there wasn't that much fallout from the color and they didn't feel very dry or powdery either. As for pigment, this palette was quite good. I didn't have to use a lot to get the colors to show up and I didn't have to build them up either. There was no creasing or fading either. I was also able to blend the colors too fairly easy.

My favorite colors in the palette were Last Call, Pina Colada, Magnum, Bellini, Maraschino Cherry and Caracao.

If you are looking for a good alternative to Subculture I would recommend this one as it really isn't that bad. It also seems to do a lot better than Subculture too as the colors don't have that much fallout either. Plus it was only £12.95.

If like me you love color, you will have a lot of fun with this palette.

Pina Colada, Bellini, Maraschino Cherry, Last Call

Bellini, Magnum, Caracao

11 comments:

  1. I couldn't carry off these shades but the purple tones really suit you! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't carry off these shades but the purple tones really suit you! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. not really a fan of this colour palette. Love the packaging of it, but I like more greys/ pinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like another great product and one that you seem to like. It's good that the eye shadow comes with a brush. I do prefer matte shades as I like the texture and colours always seem richer and more brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. champagne toast looks like my favourite shade, though you've mixed them for your looks really well

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i still done have any ABH cosmetics but this looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love trying out new colours so palettes are always a win for me - lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great palette! These are a little bright for me again, I prefer more neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first look is my favourite but they all are lovely shades

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love W7 make-up, I think their shades are really nice and they stay on for a while (no greasy, slide of your face look). This palette suits your skin tone x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These palettes are such a bargain. I love the colours on you too

    ReplyDelete