Friday 29 December 2017

L'Oreal Balmain Lipsticks

Now I have to admit I'm not a fan of L'Oreal. The majority of their products do not appeal to me and that's before you even get on to the company itself, which I cannot stand, especially their views on animal testing. Yes, L'Oreal do test on animals, no matter what people at L'Oreal counters will try and tell you. As they sell in China, they have to test on animals. End of. I do happen to love Urban Decay, which unfortunately L'Oreal own.

Very occasionally and I do use the word very as it doesn't happen very often, L'Oreal will release a product that ends up being on my must have list. This year one of those products happens to be the lipstick collaboration they did with Balmain. L'Oreal basically teamed up with the French fashion house to bring out a mini collection of lipsticks in a range of different colors. The packaging also looks great too - blue or green packaging with Balmain written on it. It's got a really unique and fancy feel to it too.



I got two colors - purple and a brown grey. The pigment in them was great and they went on my lips nice and smooth too. As the pigment was good I didn't have to apply layer and layer of color either. Even though my lips were dry, these ones didn't dry them out at all. I did have to reapply some of the color later on in the day too as some of it had come off.

Even though I despise L'Oreal, I do think that these lipsticks are quite good and I recommend anyone try them. They also come in a good range of colors with a color to suit everyone.








9 comments:

  1. I don't really use Loreal make up but now i will have a think about it. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise L'Oreal and Balmain had collaborated. I love the purple shade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful colours and didn't know L'Oreal owned Urban Decay but I knew about the animal testing

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great but I really am so against animal testing on any level. kaz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven’t tried any L’OrĂ©al lipstick but these colours look so luscious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped buying L'Oreal products after recent controversies but I really wanted one of the Balmain collaboration lipsticks. The shades you chose are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look like lovely lipsticks! I haven't tried loreal lipsticks in ages

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for addressing that they test on animals. One day I hope they stop selling in China but sadly they are all about the money rather than ethics.
    Anyway I definitely prefer the brown shade on you but as per usual, you pull off the funky colours too. I wish I had your confidence.

    Helen
    Tea in the Tub

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you on the feelings of L'Oreal, I really don't like their ethos and use of animal testing but I do like Balmain and loving the packaging of these

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete