Monday 13 November 2017

I Heart Makeup Mint Chocolate Palette

Is it possible to buy a makeup palette merely because you like the packaging? It may sound stupid but the answer to that is yes and this is exactly what happened when I discovered the I Heart Makeup Mint Chocolate Palette.

Now, the I Heart Makeup Chocolate Bar Palettes really do catch your eye when you see them. The brand has now brought out a few different ones and the latest one I have tried happens to be the Mint Chocolate Palette. I had seen previews of the packaging on Instagram and was really looking forward to seeing the colors in it. Unfortunately when I saw them I was a bit disappointed.

It has a mix of greens, browns, cream, gold and red in it. As it was a mint palette I was really hoping for a palette with more green tones in it. Maybe some mint shades too. I feel that the brand was trying to make this look a lot like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette. While the colors are laid out differently they do look very similar. I know I Heart Makeup and Makeup Revolution are notorious for dupes, but it would have been nice if they came up with something original for once. Why try and make a dupe of a really bad palette. 






The infamous Subculture palette




The Mint Chocolate Bar features 16 colors in a mix of matte and shimmer. I'm not sure if the Subculture palette has shimmers too or is just matte, but the palettes do look very similar. At first I wasn't fussed about the colors in Mint Chocolate but after trying them out I found a look I could do with the colors that I would like. The mattes were a bit dry, but the shimmers were much better and I found they blended nicely and stayed on all day without creasing or fading.



9 comments:

  1. The packaging is stunning but I agree that they should have had more mint and green shades to compliment the packaging. I do like the green on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not the colours I would've expected but they do look lovely on you and I think they're a great mix regardless x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Packaging makes can make a big difference in the products we buy and this one is genius. Not only that, but the pallete inside is so pretty. I especially love the green you did for yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is a great pallet of colours and I really do like the second look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummy I could eat. :-) Love the colors, and your eyes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Revolution and the palette doesn't look great at a glance, but you show that it is. Love the makeup looks you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lush colours. I love the packaging too. The only bad thing is having this laying around my room would make me crave chocolate all the time!

    Tea in the Tub

    ReplyDelete
  8. The packaging looks fabulous. Also I really like the colours too!

    ReplyDelete