Wednesday 17 May 2017

Makeup Revolution Revoholic Lips Palette

Makeup Revolution have brought out a lip palette called Revoholic Lips. I've never seen this brand bring out a lip palette before and the colors in it do look interesting. There is something to suit everyone with a mixture of nudes, reds, pinks and purples. The colors are laid out in this really interesting design too. 

I got this palette free in Superdrug as I had spent over £12 on Makeup Revolution products. I'm not sure how much it is to buy separately. There are three palettes in the Revoholic range - eyes, lips and cheeks. I have the eyeshadow palette already, the only one out of the three I don't have is the cheeks.


To apply the colors I used my Illamasqua lip brush. The colors had a nice creamy feel to them and did need a bit of building up as they did come out sheer at first. Whilst these are not the worst lipsticks I have tried, they aren't the best either. But for drug store makeup they are quite good. I did like the color choice as people who love their nudes will find something they like, as well as more dramatic people like myself. If you love colors that stand out this palette offers a good choice.

Once on they stayed on for a bit, but did need reapplying as most of the color did come off throughout the day.

I think it's great that Makeup Revolution have now brought out a lip palette. Hopefully they will be bringing out a lot more.





29 comments:

  1. This is a perfect palette as it is has every single colour you could possible want or need without having 20 lipsticks in the bottom of your bag. I do love Makeup Revolution products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make some good products, they are a lot better than when they first started out x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great freebie! Love the range of colours on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great palette, it is just what you need as covers all colours and saves taking a variety of lipsticks out with you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of using lipstick in this way, I've only ever used it on a stick before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good way to carry around different colors x

      Delete
  6. Hmm, I like the colours but bright colours don't suit me. Not something I would go for personally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mix of different shades in this palette. I do prefer lipstick in a bullet form rather than a palette but they are handy for travel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not normally a big fan of lip palettes as they can come out quite sheer, but I do like the first colour on you and it is great that it came free xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooohhhh this looks interesting. Not tried this before but I love the colours on you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These do look good. Think I may try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of Makeup Revolution, most of their products are fab and such great prices too. I hadn't seen the lip palette, the colours in it look gorgeous. Especially that purple you're wearing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this in Superdrug and I've been tempted to get it, now I've seen some swatches I'm convinced!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous lip shades - I really need to try more MUR stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful palette and I love all the shades this is a perfect palette for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look lovely and pigmented on you. I like that they're buildable though for a light look and a stronger look. Shame they need re-applying. I always forget to re-apply ha so end up looking a mess. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab that you got it for free. I haven't ever used a lip palette before. Great that you can build them up for more coverage

    ReplyDelete