Sunday 7 May 2017

Kat Von D Pastel Goth Palette

I'm a big fan of anything really colorful, so when I saw Kat Von D's Pastel Goth palette I did get quite excited. If you love bright colors you will love this palette. It features 8 mattes in colors that really stand out. The packaging is awesome too. Just by looking at it, you can tell it's going to be a fun palette.



This is the palette that Jeffree Star bashed online. He commented on how the shades are not pastel. 

For me personally pastel can mean a few different things. It can mean the traditional pastel shades or it can mean pastels you get in art. I really think the colors in this palette look a lot like soft pastels that you can get from many different art suppliers. So I don't necessarily think just because this palette has pastel in the name it has to mean traditional pastel shades.

I really enjoyed playing with the colors and thought that the pigment was amazing, all blended nicely and I didn't have to use a lot of color to get it to show up. These are mattes and have a really workable texture to them, they aren't at all dry unlike some matte eyeshadows you can find. Plus they didn't crease and stayed on all day.

If you love your color I really recommend getting this palette as you will love it.




37 comments:

  1. What an interesting looking palette, those colours seem to bright bold and vibrant, not sure I could pull many of them off myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this palette! I'm going to have to get my hands on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pastel" and "goth" are not words I'd usually put together, but in this instance, the palette really is goth and pastel. You've created some great looks with it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in this palette - they look fab on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this a seriously colourful palette! I wouldn't know where to begin but love the vibrancy of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some very vibrant crazy colours there, but you can pull them off - you look fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fun packaging for Von D's Pastel Goth palette. The swatches are cool as well -you rock the looks x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good how you've used them. I know this is something I wouldn't look twice at in the shop but its worked so well x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I've been waiting to find someone blogging about this. I heard the formular wasn't great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite liked it. They are matte, not shimmery. Not everyone likes a matte eyeshadow. They aren't dry or powdery either x

      Delete
  10. This palette looks really pretty and has very vibrant colors I am more of a neutral kind of gal but I do love to add some pop of color once in a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm quite scared of using bright colours on my eyes, but this palette looks amazing and not too in your face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors of this palette are so pretty! I need to get my hands on this before it's no longer available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend this palette as it's amazing x

      Delete
  13. I think these are too bright to be pastel but they are pretty amazing all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the pastel is referring to how they look rather than traditional pastel shades. If you look at art pastels they look just like them x

      Delete
  14. those are pretty cool colours. My daughter would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love kat von d, however these colours would be far too colourful for me to style xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice and bold palette. Great discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These colors are so bright and amazing! I don't know if I could pull them off quite as well as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wowww! love this, really unique! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this pallette is very bright. I wouldn't have a clue where to start with it. In ruvbish at any colours other than nude x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cool palette for any goth girl and you are rocking the blue

    ReplyDelete