Tuesday 19 April 2016

Gray Lips With Smashbox

If you read my blog you will know that I am a fan of unusual colored lipsticks. Earlier on I reviewed two of NYX's Macaron Lipsticks so now I'm going to tell you about this really awesome lipstick I got from Smashbox.

It's from their matte lipstick collection and is called Punked. It's a gray color and a very unusual one. I haven't seen many gray lipsticks around, even though I've seen many other unusual colors from all different brands. I've seen a lot of blacks, greens and blues but hardly ever gray. The last time I managed to get a lipgloss in this color was quite a few years ago from Illamasqua.

My friend who works at Smashbox first told me about this color. She wears it extremely well and when I tried it on I loved it right away. Unfortunately they didn't have any left in Newport, so when I was shopping in Cardiff last week I stopped by at the Smashbox counter there. They had quite a few left so I grabbed myself one.



The pigment is amazing and even though it is a matte it doesnt feel at all dry on the lips. It glides on smoothly too and gives plenty of intense color. I'm really loving the gray lips too, it is such an amazing color and one I will definately keep wearing. If you are a bit unsure of whether gray will look good on you I definitely recommend going to a Smashbox counter and trying some on.

It didn't really need reapplying throughout the day either and once on it stayed on.

I do like a good lip liner too and unfortunately Smashbox don't have a matching one to go with this color. The woman on the counter did recommend me their Always Sharp Waterproof Eyeliner in gray as it matches the lipstick. Even though it is an eyeliner it can also be used on the lips too.

To use just twist the lid and you're good to go. It's one of those self sharpening ones too so whenever you replace the lid the color gets sharpened for you. It had a nice creamy texture to it and kept my lipstick in place all day.



12 comments:

  1. I've never seen gray lipstick before, but gosh Hannah it looks spectacular on you. Can you tell I love it! Thx for the eye-liner pencil tip, wouldn't have thought of it. Cool tip!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think its a great color. I always use eye liner when i don't have a lip pencil in a color i need x

      Delete
  2. Obsessed with this look! I spotted grey lipstick on Tumblr and reposted to our Insta and have been searching for a good grey lipstick ever since...think I've just found it! It looks amazing on you!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN HQ x
    www.fashiondujour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You don't see many grays around. This one is amazing x

      Delete
  3. Indeed your lipsticks are unusual, but they are lovely! Another great shade! :)
    http://lilinhaangel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh that is new. It really suits you. I have a very pale complexion so defo couldn't pull this colour off but you do it well :)

    Helen
    Tea in the Tub

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever seen a grey lipstick before! Really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also like everyone else never seen a grey lipstick!
    I like the idea of this, but I'm way to pale to work it :(

    I love the look on you though hun! Nice find!
    http://blondedaisychains.blogspot.co.uk/

    Stephanie Rose xx

    ReplyDelete