Monday 21 July 2014

What I bought In America, Plus My Visit To Basin And The Cosmetics Company Store

Two weeks ago I went on a two week trip with my Dad to Florida, mainly Disney World. I had a really good time there and was actually sad to come home. I was actually crying the night before and in the airport waiting for the flight back to London.

I stayed for two weeks at Disney's All Star Sports Resort. It's a really fun resort to stay at, the rooms are all sports themed along with the outdoor areas. In the tennis themed area around from the room were figures of Huey, Dewey and Louie playing baseball while annoying there uncle Donald.

The rooms were really nice and comfy and most importantly had air con. The weather was so hot and humid, having air con is a must and feels like a dream when coming back from the parks.

Heres some photos of the hotel

Huey, Dewey and Louie playing baseball on the tennis courts!!
Donald seems to not be in a good mood

The quiet pool at night

I need to get myself a coca cola that big!!

Football themed area

The room



I went to all of the Disney parks, Disney's Blizzard Beach, Universal and I took some time out to do some shopping. I always love shopping in America as you can find stuff there you cant back here, especially beauty products.

One day I decided to go to the Premium Outlets on International Drive. If you are familiar with the area you will know that there are two outlets each end of I Drive. I went to the ones right at the end past Wet N Wild. The outlets have a good range of shops to spend money in and their is something to suit everyone from designer clothing, Disney merchandise, electronics and more. One of my favourite shops is the Cosmetics Company Store.

I've been to a couple of these stores before and think they are absolutely amazing. It's basically the outlet store of Estee Lauder brands. So if you like your Bobbi Brown, MAC, Clinique etc and love it even more when it's cheaper, this is the store you will want to be.

Once inside I went over to the MAC section and noticed not only did they have permanent products, they had limited edition past collections such as products from Archies Girls, Holiday collections and the MAC Rihanna collection that sold out super quick.

I decided to only buy one product. An eyeshadow quad from the MAC RiRi Hearts Collection. I remember when this collection came out, it was really hard to buy, as most of the stuff sold out in no time. People would often buy loads of lipsticks and then sell them for double the price on Ebay.

I wasn't able to take any pictures in the store as I had no battery on my camera, theres loads of pics of the Cosmetics Company Store on Google if you want to have a look at some of the things you can buy.

The palette I bought is called Smoked Cocoa and was at $31.00. The original price of this was $44.00, so I made a really good saving there.

Rihanna Eyeshadow Quad




A couple of days later I visited Basin at Downtown Disney Marketplace. The store is similar to Lush with products like bath ballistics, soaps and lip care. The products are a bit different to Lush, and are not really expensive. All the products are paraben free, not tested on animals and free from chemicals.  When you walk past the store you have this most amazing scent that just makes you want to go in and have a look.

For those of you familiar with Disney World, you may have seen a similar store in the Grand Floridian Resort called Basin White. It sells the same sort of stuff and I think sells slightly different products. That store looks like it is themed like a bathroom while the Basin store just looks like a store.


Soap





Bath Ballistics

Lip Products

Bath Salts





There was plenty of products to choose from. As someone who loves all different scented soaps this store was a like a dream. The bath salts I could just stick my head in all day, words can't describe how amazing the scent was.

You can check out Basin here and for those of you interested - Basin White

In Basin I bought two Mickey soaps, Rubber Ducky soap and a Raspberry Lip Balm. I think it all came to around $22.00.

What I bought altogether

I had a really good time in America, i'm missing it already :(

x

5 comments:

  1. Wow looks and sounds like you had a great time! :-)

    Lol I would have bought loads, I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like you had an amazing time in Florida - no wonder you were sad to come back! I went to Disney world when I was younger and would love to go back. How amazing does the Basin store look!!

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have spent all day in that store. When I went a couple of years ago they had a giant Mickey made entirely of soap!!

    I did a review on stuff I bought there back then and took a photo of it. Giant Mickey is down the bottom of the page.

    http://themakeupjunkiesdiary.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Basin

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous, it looks like you had an amazing time in America!

    Love the MAC x RiRi collection, I got two lipsticks myself and I'm obsessed x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't get any of the lipsticks, they sold out. They have the Cosmetics Company Store over here in York and Bicester Village. It's a shame they don't have one in the outlet in Bridgend, would have only been not far on the bus x

    ReplyDelete